Post types are data tags that show the type of content or event. Post types make it easy for individuals to filter and search for posts and help administrators organize the posts into directories.
In this article:
Step by Step Walkthrough
Step 1 - Log into the site
Find the “Login” button in the upper right-hand corner of the site’s homepage or login directly from the site’s login screen.
Step 2 - Go to your Dashboard
If you are not taken to your dashboard after logging in, click your name and then "My Dashboard" in the upper right-hand corner of the site.
Step 3 - Locate Post Types
From the dashboard, select "Site Options” from the left-hand side menu, click “Post Options” and then "Types"
Step 4 - Add and Manage Post Types
Add a new Post Type
- Enter the name of the new post type in the "Add Type" field.
- Apply the type to content, events, or both.
- "Add to Spokes" only applies to administrative sites in a portal network.
- Select "Requires Scheduling" if the post must be scheduled to appear or be removed from the site on a certain date.
- Click "Add Type" to add the type.
- Click "Save" when finished.
Manage an existing Post Type
- Locate the post type in the table.
- Change the name if needed.
- Click "Options" to delete the post type or change whether it applies to content or event.
- Press "Save" when finished.