Content posts are created inside of a booth or catalog that display uploaded files or information inside of a text and graphics section. Content posts have types, can be approved in advance, can be scheduled to appear and be removed, can be public or private, and can have reviews. Content posts appear in content post directory sections inside the catalog or booth and on the homepage of the site or catalog.
In this article:
Step 1 - Log into the site
Find the “Login” button in the upper right-hand corner of the site’s homepage or login directly from the site’s login screen.
Step 2 - Go to your dashboard
If you are not directed to your dashboard after logging in, click your name and then "My Dashboard" in the upper right-hand corner of the site.
Step 3 - Locate Posts
From your dashboard, select "Posts" from the left side navigation.
Step 4 - Add a new content post.
Select "+Add New Post" and then "Content".
Step 1 - Post Information
- Select the type (i.e. article, case study, marketing overview etc.)
- Add a title and as an option, add a subtitle.
- Add keywords to aid in search and press enter after each word.
- Select to feature the content so it will appear at the top of the post list in "All Posts".
Step 1 - File & Description
There are two options to add information about the event. Upload a file to display as the post content. (A file can be viewed online, downloaded or shared). Or, use the text editor and create a description of the event that can include text and graphics.
- Select "uploaded file" or "display description"
- If a file is to be uploaded, follow the directions to select a file from your computer and upload it.
- If you have uploaded a file, you can add an optional post description by putting the cursor in the description area and entering text.
- If "display description" is selected, then put the cursor in the description area, then click the "+" key to add grids, then insert text, images, embed code, etc. into the grid space.
Step 1 - Customize Delivery Options
- Customize Sharing Options
- If a file has been uploaded, select "Allow Download" for the individual to download the file to their computer.
- Keep "Allow Email Share" selected to allow individuals to share the event via email.
- Click the "Select Attendee or Member Types" to see a modal with different member or attendee types. Select the types that can view the event.
Step 1 - Select Post Thumbnail Image
Thumbnail images appear when you view the post and in a directory listing. Selecting to upload a post thumbnail image enhances the graphics appeal of the post.
- Select to use a sample from an uploaded file OR
- Select to upload an image and follow the instructions to select the image from your computer, upload it, crop it and add ALT text.
Step 1 - Publish, Draft, Schedule
- Select "Publish Now" to have the post go live on the site. Click "Post Now".
- Select "Save As Draft" to save it in the post list to come back and edit later. Click "Save".
- Select "Schedule" to enter a date when the post will appear and be removed from the site. Click "Schedule".
Step 5 - Edit an existing post
Select a Post from the table by selecting the title or clicking "Options" then "Edit". Follow the instructions above to change the information in the post.