Some commonly used site terms can be updated across the whole site to reflect terms that your users and audience are more familiar with.
In this article:
Step by Step Walkthrough
Step 1 - Log into the site
Find the “Login” button in the upper right-hand corner of the site’s homepage or login directly from the site’s login screen.
Step 2 - Go to your dashboard
If you are not taken to your dashboard after logging in, click your name and then "My Dashboard" in the upper right-hand corner of the site.
Step 3 - Navigate to Site Vocabulary
From the dashboard, select "Site Options" and then "Site Vocabulary" in the left-hand side navigation bar.
Step 4 - Update Site Vocabulary
Update the vocabulary in the "New Term" column. Site terms have a 20 character limit.
The following default terms can be updated:
- Catalog: The portion of the portal that displays graphics, pages, content and sessions. (This is often changed to "booth")
- Community: The combined functionality of member and booth administrator directories and messaging between members or users
- Event: A live or virtual event post
- Member: Individual that logs in to the portal to view catalogs or posts but does not manage the site or catalog
- Post: Content or events added to the site
- Register: Text in the button that appears on an event post for individuals to sign up for a session. (This is often changed to "Sign Up")
- Meeting: Usually used with Bluejeans Meeting