Some commonly used site terms can be updated across the whole site to reflect terms that your users and audience are more familiar with. The following default terms can be updated:
- Catalog: The portion of the portal that displays graphics, pages, content and sessions. (This is often changed to "booth")
- Community: The combined functionality of member and booth administrator directories and messaging between members or users
- Event: A live or virtual event post
- Member: Individual that logs in to the portal to view catalogs or posts but does not manage the site or catalog
- Post: Content or events added to the site
- Register: Text in the button that appears on an event post for individuals to sign up for a session. (This is often changed to "Sign Up")
In this article:
Step by Step Walkthrough
Step 1 - Log into the site
Find the “Login” button in the upper right-hand corner of the site’s homepage or login directly from the site’s login screen.
Step 2 - Go to your dashboard
If you are not taken to your dashboard after logging in, click your name and then "My Dashboard" in the upper right-hand corner of the site.
Step 3 - Navigate to Site Vocabulary
From the dashboard, select "Site Options" and then "Site Vocabulary" in the left-hand side navigation bar.
Step 4 - Update Site Vocabulary
Update the vocabulary in the "New Term" column. Site terms have a 20 character limit.