Event directories appear in a tile or list view on the site, catalog or booth homepages and web pages. Event posts can be selected individually or filtered for an automated selection. For event directories on the homepage, you can select posts to be automatically added or selected manually, determine which catalogs or booths the posts come from, how recent the posts should be to be added, and the maximum number of posts from each catalog or booth.
In this article:
Step 1 - Log into the site
Find the “Login” button in the upper right-hand corner of the site’s homepage or login directly from the site’s login screen.
Step 2 - Go to your Dashboard
If you are not taken to your dashboard after logging in, click your name and then "My Dashboard" in the upper right-hand corner of the site.
Step 3 - Locate Homepage Sections
To add an event directory to the home page, select "Site Pages” and "Homepage Sections".
Step 4 - Create a Post Directory Section
Select to "+Add New Section", then select "Post". Follow the 3-step wizard to setup the directory. (Note: the process to setup an event directory on the site vs. the catalog or booth is slightly different.)
Step 1 - Setup
- Select to turn the section "On"
- Enter a section name and click if you want that name displayed on the site.
- Customize the layout by determining how many event posts will appear in each row of tiles and how many rows will display. (Note: if you have selected more event posts above the layout specifications, the system will scroll to the right and left for viewers to see additional selections.)
- Turn automation "On" to have the system filter your selections and automatically have content added to the directory. Leave it "off" if you want to select posts manually.
- If automation is on, select the frequency that posts will rotate, the option to set timing to profile newer posts and the maximum number of posts for a catalog or booth.
Step 2 - Select Posts(Automation On)
- Select the posts types that will appear in the directory. (Note: Filter the column "Post Type" and "Content, Event, Blog" to find event vs. content posts.)
- Click the "Catalogs" or "Booths" tab to select the catalogs or booths that the posts will be taken from.
Step 2 - Select Posts (Automation Off)
- Turn automation "off"
- In step 2, select the specific posts to be added to the directory.
- Sort selections by the post name, the catalog, the type (content or event) and subtype (workshop, keynote etc.)
Step 3 - Confirm and Save
Proceed to step 3, review your settings and press "Save".