Post directories contain content or event posts and can be displayed on the catalog homepage in a tile view or list view. Directories can be inserted into an accordion that can be opened or closed by the viewer.
In this article:
Step 1 - Log into the site
Find the “Login” button in the upper right-hand corner of the site’s homepage or login directly from the site’s login screen.
Step 2 - Go to your Dashboard
If you are not taken to your dashboard after logging in, click your name and then "My Dashboard" in the upper right-hand corner of the site.
Step 3 - Locate Sections
From your dashboard, select "Sections".
Step 4 - Create a Post Directory Section
Select "+Add New Section", then select "Post Directory". Follow the 3-step wizard to set up the directory. (Note: the process to set up a post directory on the homepage vs. a web page is slightly different.)
Step 1 - Setup
- Select to turn the section "On"
- Enter a section name and click if you want that name displayed on the site.
- Customize the layout by determining how many posts will appear in each row of tiles and how many rows will display. (Note: if you have selected more posts than the layout specifications, the system will scroll to the right and left for viewers to see additional selections.)
- Turn automation "On" to have the system filter your selections and automatically have content or event posts added to the directory. Leave it "off" if you want to select posts manually.
- If automation is on, select the frequency that posts will rotate as well as the option to set the timing to profile newer posts.
Step 2 - Select Posts(Automation On)
- Select the posts types that will appear in the directory. (Note: Filter the column "Post Type" and "Content, Event, Blog" to find event vs. content posts.)
Step 2 - Select Posts (Automation Off)
- Turn automation "off"
- In step 2, select the specific posts to be added to the directory.
- Sort selections by the post name, the catalog, the type (content or event), and subtype (workshop, keynote etc.)
Step 3 - Confirm and Save
Proceed to step 3, review your settings, and press "Save".