Banners can appear on the catalog homepage, inside a web page, or be showcased as advertising on the site home page, inside of site pages or on the attendee or catalog administrator dashboards. This document shows you how to create a banner section on the catalog homepage and add multiple banners that rotate automatically and link to locations inside the catalog.
In this article:
- Log into the site
- Go to your dashboard
- Navigate to Sections
- Add or manage a banner section
- Setup the banner section
- Upload the banner
- Manage the banner
Step 1 - Log into the site
Find the “Login” button in the upper right-hand corner of the site’s homepage or login directly from the site’s login screen.
Step 2 - Go to your dashboard
If you are not directed to your dashboard after logging in, click your name and then "My Dashboard" in the upper right-hand corner of the site.
Step 3 - Navigate to Sections
From the dashboard, select "Sections" in the left-hand navigation bar.
Step 4 - Add or manage a banner section
- Click "+Add New Section" then select "Banner" to add a new banner section.
- Edit an existing banner section by locating the banner section in the table and clicking "Options".
Step 5 - Setup the banner section
- Make sure to turn the section "On".
- Enter a section name.
- As an option, choose to display that name above the section.
- Select "Shuffle Mode" if you have added multiple banners and want them to rotate randomly.
- Click "Save" to set up the section.
Step 6 - Upload a Banner Graphic
- Select "+Add Banner"
- Click "Select File"
- The image dimensions are 1380px W x 285px H
- The file can be a JPEG, JPG or PNG file that is less than 3 MB
- Follow the instructions to upload and crop the banner image.
- Add a banner name that will appear in the manage banner table.
- Select to "Link the Banner"
- No link - Banner will display without a hyperlink
- URL - the banner can be linkable to a post or page on the site or an external URL/
- As an option, schedule the banner to appear and be removed.
- Click "Add Banner"
Step 7 - Manage the Banner
- Find the banner section and click "Options" to edit the banner.
- Click "Manage"
- Click "Delete" to delete the banner file