Go through this Quick Start Guide to setup your site, customize its appearance, configure the site options and setup the administrative databases.
In this article:
- Log into the site
- Go to your dashboard
- Add Users
- Customize the Appearance
- Setup Site Options
- Customize the Homepage
- Setup Databases
- Setup Email Options
Step by Step Walkthrough
Step 1 - Log into the site
Find the “Login” button in the upper right-hand corner of the site’s homepage or login directly from the site’s login screen.
Step 2 - Go to your Dashboard
If you are not taken to your dashboard after logging in, click your name and then "My Dashboard" in the upper right-hand corner of the site.
Step 3 - Add Users
- Add users to help you setup the site.
Step 4 - Customize the Appearance
- Site Header: Customize the site header by adding a logo.
- Favicon: Upload a favicon image
- Navigation Bar: Customize the colors of the navigation bar and page drop down
- Background: Add a color or image to the background of the entire site.
Step 5 - Setup Site Options
- Access: Make the site public or private
- Announcements: Create and schedule site-wide announcements
- Directory: Setup the attendee and booth staff directories
- Embed Code: Add embed code to the site header or footer.
- Promotional Points: Setup promotional points for gamification
- Messaging: Turn on messaging for the site for attendees or exhibitors to message each other.
- Post Options: Turn on access, approvals and reviews
- Post Types: Customize post types for content and event posts.
- Site Vocabulary: Customize site terms used throughout the portal.
- Social Sharing: Turn on social sharing for the site.
- Translation: Turn on language translation for site viewers and administrators.
Step 6 - Customize the Homepage
- Site Pages: Create and add site pages with links on the homepage navigation bar.
- Homepage Sections: Create banner, text & graphics, directory, 2D, and post sections to customize the homepage.
Step 7 - Setup Databases
- Attendees: Add fields to collect data on site attendees or members
- Booths and Catalogs: Add fields to collect information on booths and catalogs to be used for Quick Facts
Step 8 - Setup Email Options, Default Header & Footer
- Default Options: Setup the default email options, upload a header, and customize the footer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.